Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Crafts of Annihilation - Making the Death God's Nursery

Death God's Nursery

The Death God's Nursery was made from Dollar Store foam core.


After assembly I spray painted the whole thing black.

I got some cheap battery-powered lights from Michael's and put down several layers of red and yellow crepe paper - the kind used to put in gift bags - which I used as paper mache for the lava. I painted the paper mache lava yellow with dry-brushed orange, red, and black, in that order.

I didn't get the diffused lighting I was hoping for. The lights were still clearly tiny pin-points of light.




I then painted the "visible" areas gray and painted on a 1" grid.



The balconies eventually curled up a bit, but it was good enough for one encounter.





4 comments:

  1. Where did you get the design for the piece? From your noggin? Or from an outside resource?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you Google "Death God's Nursery" you'll see images of other people's work.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=tomb+of+annihilation+death+gods+nursery&rlz=1C1OKWM_enUS772US772&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjksKrxv8jgAhUJBHwKHQmeAmUQ_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=888#imgrc=KimUoikGoeo3ZM:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahaa, cool. I wouldn't have put it past you to have come up with it yourself.

    ReplyDelete